- Meeting at 08.00 a.m. with the English speaking guide.
- Drive from Cluj Napoca to Turda having the first stop for the visit at the Salt Mine.
- "Salina Turda" is a salt mine in the Durgău-Valea Sărată area of Turda, the second largest city in Cluj County, Romania. Opened for tourists in 1992, the Salina Turda was visited by about 618,000 Romanian and foreign tourists just in 2017. Salina Turda was ranked among the "25 hidden gems around the world that are worth the trek". Salt was first extracted here during the antiquity and the mine continuously produced table salt from the Middle Ages, the mine being first mentioned in 1075, to the early–20th century (1932).The first document that speaks explicitly about the existence of a salt mine in Turda dates from 1 May 1271, being issued by the Hungarian chancellery. Documents preserved from the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries that refer to the Turda salt mines mention that salines were arranged in Băile Sărate microdepression and on the south-eastern slope of the Valea Sărată. Operating rooms were placed on the sites of current salt lakes from the perimeters mentioned above. In the seventeenth century has begun first salt mining works on the north-western slope of Valea Valea Sărată, evidenced by shafts in the dome of Terezia room. Shortly after, the Sfântul Anton mine was opened, where mining activity continued until the first half of the twentieth century.
- Our next stop will be Sighisoara Citadel.
- Sighisoara is located in the historic region of Transylvania. It is a popular tourist destination for its well-preserved walled old town, which is listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The city was the setting for George I Rákóczi's election as Prince of Transylvania and King of Hungary in 1631. Sighișoara suffered military occupation, fires, and plagues during the 17th and 18th centuries. An important source for the history of 17th-century Transylvania, for the period of 1606-1666, are the records of Georg Kraus, the town's notary. The nearby plain of Albești was the site of the Battle of Segesvár, where the revolutionary Hungarian army led by Józef Bem was defeated by the Russian army led by Luders on 31 July 1849. A monument was constructed in 1852 to the Russian general Skariatin, who died in the battle. The Hungarian poet Sándor Petőfi is generally believed to have been killed in the battle, and a monument was constructed in his honor at Albești in 1897. After World War I Sighișoara passed with Transylvania from Austria-Hungary to the Kingdom of Romania. Central Sighișoara has preserved in an exemplary way the features of a small medieval fortified city. It has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Each year, a Medieval Festival takes place in the old citadel in July. Sighișoara is considered to be the most beautiful and well-preserved inhabited citadel in Europe, with authentic medieval architecture. In Eastern Europe, Sighișoara is one of the few fortified towns that are still inhabited. The town is made up of two parts. The medieval stronghold was built on top of a hill and is known as the "Citadel" . The lower town lies in the valley of Târnava Mare river. The houses inside Sighișoara Citadel show the main features of a craftsmen's town. However, there are some houses that belonged to the former patriciate, like the Venetian House and the House with Antlers. In 2001-2003 the construction of a Dracula theme park in the 'Breite' nature preserve near Sighișoara was considered but ultimately rejected, owing to the strong opposition of local civil society groups and national and international media as well as politically influential persons, as the theme park would have detracted from the medieval style of the city and would have destroyed the nature preserve.
- After a short break we will drive back to Cluj Napoca .
Included in the price
- Transport by modern car
- Professional guide assistance during the whole trip.
- City tour in each city in the trip.
Not included in the price
- Rate is valid for groups of minimum 2 persons.
- For over 10 persons important discount will be applied.
- Entrance tickets for touristy attractions
- Lunch, Dinner or any other meals
- Tour rate: 59 €/person
- Credit Card accepted (Visa and Mastercard, the transaction requires the PIN code)